Wednesday, April 27, 2011

500 words

Yesterday, I wrote 500 words.

It doesn't seem like much, I know, but when you take into consideration the 4+ months of 0 words total (not including some editing/rewriting of chapter one, originally written in November), this is quite a feat for me. It's helping me realize how out of practice and neglectful I've been. Not a good feeling.

But on the plus side, I'm getting excited for what this story holds. And it's really starting to take shape. Hunter and I recently discussed (at length) how our magic system works. It looks badass and unique and I feel like it really works as far as our world is concerned. I ran it by another writer-ly friend of mine while getting smoothies yesterday evening, and she loved it! So, that's encouraging. For so long, our magic system had a giant "?" hanging over it. This development is incredibly motivating.

Time to make Lindsay's life miserable (he's the main character, for those of you who don't know). Well, even more so. He did just get shot 5oo words into his narration, after all. :)

So far my prose isn't the best, but hey, that's what editing is for. Time to get rid of the inner editor and move on. Get this thing finished.

Going to try and break 1000 words today. Wish me luck!

Just an FYI, this song is gorgeous and perfect for writing to. (The whole album is, in fact. Called Person Pitch.) Check it.

0 lived to tell about it:

Post a Comment