Monday, May 2, 2011

I should be writing but...

I should be writing but I'm not.

I've been distracted with that little thing called life for the past few days. Still, I don't feel bad about not writing too much; I broke 1,000 words on chapter two at the very least, and I plan on finishing the chapter by the end of today if all goes according to plan. Hooray for having the next two days off of work!

All in all, I feel much better for at least trying to write something every day, even if that something is very insignificant. It's significant to me. Making writing a habit as of about five days ago has made me feel infinitely better about myself, and I plan to keep on it. I'm more excited about Boot Hill and about the actual process of writing than I've been in years.

Wow, to not be ambivalent about everything for a change.

Here's a writing protip: don't creepily hang out in the parking lot of a community park--writing on your laptop while in your car--when there are children around. You get dirty looks from mothers. I can't even imagine the looks I'd have gotten if I happened to be a really fat, overweight, middle-aged man.

I just confirmed that I'm going to Canada at the end of June to meet up with the lovely Hunter (the co-creator of Boot Hill) and her sister for a week. I'm incredibly excited; I haven't seen my friends in just over a year, and I've always wanted to visit Canada--Vancouver in particular. Which is where we're going! So stoked, so stoked.

0 lived to tell about it:

Post a Comment