Friday, May 20, 2011

Missing In (No) Action

So I haven't been updating my blog as much as I had initially hoped, but first things first: I spilled water on my laptop and the keyboard has been out of commission for the past week or so. $145 later my computer is back up and running. But that's been the main source of my inactivity.

The second source of my inactivity is an admission: I'm stuck, and haven't been writing. No, let me rephrase that. I haven't really been trying. Don't get me wrong, I open up my files and stare at them long and hard, but the words just aren't coming out. I'm struggling to find my main character's voice, and I'm not exactly sure why.

I also feel so tied up with so many things going on in my life that I'm finding it hard to even so much as open a book and read, much less sit down and write. Not very much is even really going on (life-wise) when I think about it. But work has been a source of frustration for me, and just thinking about it overwhelms me. I'm having a very hard time focusing on one thing at a time. I've been kind of emotional and flighty lately. It's been a weird month.

Anyway, just a heads up that my inactivity might last a little longer, then I plan on kicking it more or less in the ass and continueing writing. We'll see how that goes. Wish me the best!

0 lived to tell about it:

Post a Comment