Saturday, June 4, 2011

Unsettled

Over the past few weeks I've been unsettled. I'm not really sure why, but it's posing a problem. Though I've tried, I haven't been able to sit down and read a book straight through, or sit down and write more than a couple sentences at any given time. Nothing seems to hold my interest right now, and it's absolutely frustrating.

I have the time to write and to read. I have a lot of spare time this summer, and it might be the only time I'll have spare time for the next year since I'm starting school in the fall. Yet, here I am, doing nothing creative with myself. I have a huge pile of books on my nightstand, three of which I've started and haven't finished (The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss, The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon, and The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson) that I truly want to get through, but I just can't muster up the willpower to do so. I have ideas for my story that need to be written down, but I can't seem to put the ideas into words on paper.

I'm not really sure what to do at this point. I can't stand this.

1 lived to tell about it:

linda said... Reply

Sorry to hear that =\ Hope things are better now!

Post a Comment