Saturday, July 9, 2011

Back From Canada

So most of you might only vaguely know because Hunter mentioned it in one of her journals, but I went out to Canada to meet up with her and her sister, Alex, for a week. It was a wonderful time and a much needed vacation. Simply wonderful. There were mountains and lakes and waterfalls for miles. We drove and drove and drove from Calgary, AB all the way to Vancouver Island, BC and back in 6 days. It was madness. But mostly incredible.

Something else of huge importance: we worked out a huge plot hole in Boot Hill while we were driving. Thus reinvigorating me to pick up the reins of Boot Hill once again and start writing. Though more than anything I simply want to plot out the history of the world in which Boot Hill takes place. Because that shit's fascinating. So we'll see where it takes me. Oh, and I was finally able to flesh out a secondary character and member of Finch's gang named Emerson. I actually feel like I know who he is and what he wants; originally, he was just a skeleton of someone I knew could be a good character, but lacked details. Now I can envision him perfectly! Ah, it feels good to get to know my characters. Next up on the list? Fleshing out a character named Virgil. I'll report on my discoveries later on both Emerson and Virgil a little later. :)

0 lived to tell about it:

Post a Comment