Wednesday, October 17, 2012

THE RECORD KEEPER, 4,100 words

I'm very sorry if you're here expecting to read the short story, "The Record Keeper." I have indeed removed it from this blog, as I am seeking publishing opportunities for it!

4 lived to tell about it:

Sara Bell said... Reply

Ooooh I really love it Michelle! I have one teeny tiny weird suggestion.
You said "original" about his father's anger speech and his mother's funeral, and for some reason it bothers me to see it twice. But that is obviously kind of weird, and that's it.
I really love this ending though, so much!

King of the Eyesores said... Reply

Sara, thank you so much for your feedback!

Interesting that you mention the two statements about the reaction/funeral being original. I actually intended for them to kind of reflect each other, so I used the same verbiage. But it sounds like that didn't come through, so I'll do a read-through and see if it's something I should change or elaborate on. :)

Sara Bell said... Reply

Ah, well now that you put it that way I DO see it. It might have just been me, I'm weird about things sometimes!

Michelle W. said... Reply

Well, if it came across as irritating, then I didn't execute it right! I'll see what I can do to make it sound more deliberate. :) Thanks, Sara!

Post a Comment